Strips work best on clean, smooth surfaces, so wipe the wall with isopropyl rubbing alcohol (methylated spirits) first. We also have had luck with monkey hooks, which only require a small hole in the wall. Get access to our free DIY and home decor resource library of printables today. Your email address will not be published. Use molly’s or toggle bolts. Yep, had the same problem not half an hour ago, I have 2 water colour picture in frames in my hallway, well now I have only one. Makes good conversation art for your walls. My walls are lath and plaster and are always COLD to the touch. I worked myself up into a frenzy that I could do this. I used this new product called KLAPiT, it allows you to hang absolutely anything on to the wall. They expand into the plaster and into the threads of the screw. 4.5 out ... Command Outdoor Hooks, Decorate Damage-Free, Holds 5 lbs, 3 hooks, 4 strips (AW083BZ-3NA) ... 3 hooks, 4 strips … I bought the heavy duty ones to hang garland above my fireplace ( on wall not rock or stone) One sticks fine the other 2 fell off . I leave mine a little bit away from the wall so the wire from the picture will fit on it. Now I am buying them a whole bunches so expensive but was expecting the same results. The product is total rubbish. Decor, When I let the kids decorate for Christmas it does, Confession: I don't really like to decorate with r, Screws with anchors – this is the key, you don’t use nails. Using Wire Hangers Use wire hangers to hang heavy frames. If it seems harder to go through, you probably hit some lath which is OK. Make sure the hole is the size of the bit, not too big. The hanging process is just a little bit different than drywall so I take some special steps to get items up and displayed. Separate strips. When finder passes over a nail, the magnet will react. Best of all, when you are ready to take down or move your pictures, they come off cleanly—no nail holes, cracked plaster … Command™ Outdoor Products can also be used on smooth, sealed and finished surfaces including … We not just use one strip to keep the pics from moving up and down, and use a small nail to put into wall, and no more pictures falling off. How is this possible??? Due to its use of magnetism in its newly innovated design, it is really strong and I found it really interesting. We had one fall off the wall more than once with the strips. This is my first house and it’s an old farm house with mostly plaster walls… and NO STORAGE SPACE! It is UPC code 051141346991. I have plaster walls and it's a pain to cover each nail whole. Great post! One frame & glass broke. Now you know the secret, anchors and screws, not nails. What happened to this product?! Required fields are marked *. We had used the correct hook and it had been up a year. Avoid adhering them to brick walls, textured wallpaper, concrete or timber. My fridge has a textured finish so they probably won't work there. One thi. I have even contacted the company because these strips are not cheap. Make sure to follow directions, cleaning wall with alcohol and then let the wall dry. They kept felling off and my fram almost crashed. I used them in the past and never ever had a problem now i cant get these to stay put. But I got these frames at an estate sale and knew they would be prefect for my little corner. … I have a rowhouse that stresses me lots but you have made things look so easy@@@ ty! They were not in areas of high moisture, nor was the weight excessive. I’m so glad to have found this! The strips, however, won’t stick to brick or newly painted walls. Clock now broken. I clean area as directed BUT I dry the spot with my blow dryer then I apply the tab. See my full site disclosure here and thank you for supporting this small business of mine. Every single one we put up eventually failed. Today I was most annoyed when a picture painted by a dear friend and hung on one of the hooks came crashing down damaging it, a chair underneath and the frame and breaking the glass. I'm always afraid of … I walked it and so this is the first time he sees me and we’re all looking at my dress, kind of like “this is it!” and so I said, “wait until you see the back” because it was this gorgeous lace up and I turned around and put my hand on my hip. Painted, stained or varnished wood, glass, tile, painted cinder block, plaster, metal, and painted wallboard. How do I decorate my fireplace/wall in a farmhouse style? So, thank you. See all of my old house tips and tricks and my how to and home improvement project here. Read More…. Hi, I'm Jessica. I am with this poor lady & my frustration is at an all time high. Next, make a little “shelf” of the wide painters tape with the sticky side up to catch the plaster that will come out of the wall when you drill. If you didn’t drill the hole big enough, the plastic anchor will bend, you’ll see it happen and you don’t want that. I hesitate all the time about hanging things up, you are not alone. Here’s how to hang items on plaster walls. Press frame firmly to wall. Your blog is awesome and, while giving great ideas, makes me feel so inadequate… I’m anxiously following your thread on organizing old photos as well. I am having the exact same problem here in nz. Please don’t mock me, but after living in our home for 20+ years, this post finally allowed us to hang 5 separate groupings on the plaster walls of our living room. I hope this helps! I would be very cautious in future with weighty items and valuable pieces. Command strips work on most surfaces, but not all. How can i decorate my bedroom ceiling light square glass cover ? This can be tricky. Nope, not fun at all. Have you ever had the plaster crack beyond the hole? I haven’t hung anything because I don’t have any experience and I have always heard about having to find the studs for support and I just didn’t want to ruin the walls and the one floating shelf my husband did hang for me… well it already fell out of the wall once Thank goodness it was upstairs. Press firmly. Anyone else may not think anything of this but I’m sitting here knowing that without you and help of the good Lord I want to be sitting here crying happy tears so thank you. I came acrossed your directions on how to do this. Just wanted to let you know I just got done hanging my first picture without cracking the plaster due to your directions. You can always look into area rugs to steady the furniture too. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. No wonder they won’t hold. Click strips together. I was thinking of using some super glue to re-attach the clip back on. Now cracked glass and broken frames. The key to gently removing Command strips is to pull down, not out. Perhaps a "Install By Date" or a "Deploy By Date" would prove helpful. Using Clothespins and Command Strips Mark the wall where the two top corners of the tapestry will … I have never had any problems either and I have never had any wall damage. I say they do not work. Thanks for the great comment and congrats to you for hanging up all your art and photos! So, instead of hurrying, simply wipe the surface off with a few swipes … Regarding hanging items in the plaster walls, it’s actually harder when I find a stud because the screw does not go through it. The transparent ones appear thinner. With your painter’s tape, rip off a piece and poke a hole in the middle of it with the pencil. I clean area as directed BUT I dry the spot with my blow dryer then I apply the tab. Which buys overstocks and other stuff that doesn't sell! But, when this pack was brand new, its adhesive strips worked quite well. And then you hang your picture up by the wire on the back of it on the screw. My father and my husband taught me many things, electrical and plaster were not two of them. Breaking the bank & the frames! Not the least bit tacky! Why the difference! You may even put some heat (like a hair dryer) on it for 15-20 seconds. Thanks for sharing that! I’ll keep an eye out for those. We moved into a brand new house. Yea. Being by myself I have had to face those things that I do not know how to do. Use KLAPiT, it's a new product and allows you to hang absolutely anything on to the wall. Nails will chip away the plaster and you’ll end up with a large hole in the wall where nothing will be able to be hung. I would think the type of wall and weight of the item to hang are the most important variables. I use them all the time. The new tape isn’t the least bit tacky. 4. Has anyone had this problem and have they found a solution? i followed the directions exactly both times I tried them and both times they did not work. I framed my favorite wedding picture about 7 or 8 months ago. We usu, How many trees do you have in your home? Good Luck, 12 Adorable Plant Markers From Your Junk Drawer. Do you live in a place with a lot of humidity? Falling off walls. The best and easiest anchors are made of lead (no longer available). I clicked on this to see if I do it “right” and I’m pleased to know that I do! No. That is the best method for heavy items. So, my suddenly-failing pack is roughly five years old. Need artwork suggestions for a blank kitchen wall, Regarding how to make queen size headboard. Key tip: stretch straight down, slowly. Remove or update the built-in? When the were opaque there was never a problem with them holding. Easy On 1. Next, make a little “shelf” of the wide painters tape with the sticky side up … Check your Inbox or Promotions/Spam folder to confirm your subscription! They are very sticky and up there for seven years. 3. When you no longer need them, they can be tapped flush with or completely into the wall. I thought I was the only one, I just bought the 16 lb ones and tried to hang a little 2 lb clock and it came crashing down. Stick on frame as shown. One fell off the wall into my babies cot. This is a super handy post! Mark the spot with a pencil. Yeah definitely agree I bought some today to hang up my small whiteboards in the kitchen and didn't even stay up an hour before they came crashing down, I felt the back and noticed that they are not that sticky at all. I have been dreading hanging pictures in our new home, but now I can’t wait!!! My husband did not want to use nails in our new to us house in the walls. Will you post a ‘how-to’ fix the problems I made before you posted this? It also took a half inch piece of paint off the wall also damaging the drywall. Could be bad glue on the strips. Can you give me ideas for displaying family photos on corkboards? I used it to hang my tv remotes! I agree. Suggestions welcomed! I need to hang some wreaths on glass windows any thoughts? I hope this helps you in your old house decorating or perhaps new house decorating with heavy objects. I am hoping it was humidity, the walls are concert I think in my new home. There was one on the wall from someone who lived here previously and I wondered how they got it to stick... Then I'd seen they'd super glued it to the wall. The other week I showed you my newest furniture makeover, a silver dresser that I had glazed, sanded and shined up with some metallic paint. Command strips work on most surfaces, but not all. Then you can carefully fold up your little tape shelf to collect all the plaster dust and simply throw it away. Super frustrating. It seems likely the adhesive strips haven't aged well, while they simply waited within the pack, for a few years, for me to use them. This is driving me nuts! This was actually a photo from our “first look” on our wedding day. I have never had one pull the sticking strip off of the wall. We are moving soon into a home built in 1885 and the walls are plaster/lathe as well. Available in a wide range of options, these self-adhesive hooks stick well to most surfaces … Command Strips are designed to allow you to hang up pictures, posters and other flat items without damaging the walls, and without having your things fall off of the walls. I had older strips that worked fine, I just bought new velcro and put up more strips than probably necessary and they all came off. Using command strips is an easy way to go when it comes to hanging things on a plaster wall. 3. I have used Command hooks here in FL for many years...All of a sudden, last year they didn't work outside AT ALL, and this year the wreaths that go on our front glass doors have fallen over and over...I have tried the newer Velcro-like strips and also the ones that are meant for bathrooms (high moisture)...since it can be humid here...I have used 3 entire packages of new strips of different types after carefully cleaning the windows and allowing them to cure/set before hanging...these are the SAME HOOKS I have used for YEARS for the SAME WREATHS...this product has deteriorated and what used to be an easy process is now a disaster...prices have gone way up and quality and reliability is way down...done!! I wonder if they aren't a failure as you can get them at Big Lots. Applying Hooks with Non-Clear Strips Separate the strips, if applicable. After carefully following directions & over compensating for weight, two pictures fell off the wall. Pics had been leaning on the furniture or floors because we were petrified of hammering into the plaster, which is hard as granite. Some of the other hangers might not fit on the screw, but see what works for you. I even put on wall waited 24 hours and the same 2 fell off. A clock came down when we lifted it off leaving the wall strips in place to change the battery. Put the hole over the X that you’ve marked on the wall. Command… Too bad, because it is a great idea. Option 2: For walls lacking picture rail molding, 3M’s Command line of hooks are an easy solution. I like the little dust shelve, very clever. Like there is not glue to it at all. I think it's because the tapes are now transparent. I did all the prep per instructions. 3. Be aware that this is not the same type of material used for things like Command hooks. So, I doubt the unused adhesive strips age well within the package; I believe their adhesive probably deteriorates over time, while simply waiting within the package, for someone to purchase them and deploy them. Those are good to use also, they make a much smaller hole in the wall. Hysterical. You can still find them at tag/garage sales (or your dad might have some in his tool box). I have the same problem- I thought I was the only one! I don't know how important this instruction is....but you might check how you attach the sticky thing. It uses 2 steel tapes and a super-strong magnet (the strongest), and allows the user to take the object off anytime you want. How do I disguise a built in wall to wall cornice board? Also check how you attach the sticky thing to the hanger. No floor to vacuum. The only success I had was hanging a wreath on my door- but it was made out of that mesh loopy ribbon that weighs literally nothing. Do not use household cleaners or water. Command™ Picture Hanging Strips make decorating quick and easy - no tools necessary. Went to hang a light weight angel with a 5 lb Command and it fell. On inspection the sticky tabs do not feel at all sticky, who took the sticky out of the sticky??!! How to Turn a Coffee Table Into an Ottoman ». i think they have changed them somehow. Welcome to Decor Adventures, a place where you can find easy, affordable projects and ideas to make your new or old home a beautiful, meaningful place. This is so helpful. It was on a inside paneled wall. What do I do to hide the faded area on wall? I have this product ten years ago on our apartment wall. The strips won't stick to the wall at all. Learn how your comment data is processed. Where do I find the post regarding the monkey hooks? 1. I had the same problem. Pulling out may damage the surface, especially if it’s painted. MUCH easier than doing it online. It's frustrating I did prepare the wall as instructions. Command™ Bath Products use water-resistant adhesive strips that are tested and proven to hold better than suction cups in wet, hot and humid conditions, keeping the things you need within reach. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you shop through these links. One click tells you Picture Hanging Strips are locked in and holding tight. Perfect for … In the kitchen - fridge, inside cabinets and on tile walls. This will ensure your strip … Thanks for the tips! Same same. Then you drill the screw into the anchor, changing your drill bit of course or you can just use a screwdriver with some muscle. Sorry for the late reply to this, but I hope it helps you. My walls are lath and plaster and are always COLD to the touch. Learn the proper way to remove Command™ Picture Hanging Strips so they won't damage your wall. Oh and one more important item ~ a picture of you looking fabulous! And don’t ever feel inadequate, you can do anything! I'm looking for any advice on headboard ?don't want to put in wall!. Command poster strips make decorating quick and easy. If not put more than the … Moved and tried new ones to put my pictures back up -- they keep falling now. Command strips can only be applied to smooth surfaces. Good to know. It uses 2 steel stapes and a super strong magnet. I have had paintings fall off the wall in different rooms of our house in the past two months after nearly four years!!! Why not all of them? How can I reapply a vinyl prepasted wallpaper border? The Command Hooks don't seem to like my plaster walls. It is a replacement for nails, tacks, and other hanging solutions that leave holes in your walls … , concrete or timber pulled the plastic clip off the wall where I used the correct hook and fell... To you for supporting this small business of mine needed you: ) plaster scares me the sticky of... Went to hang items on plaster walls and I ’ m so glad to have found!! For two and a super strong magnet but you might check how you the. Glass cover was actually a photo from our “ first look ” on our wedding day we usu, many... Had luck with monkey hooks, which presents some limitations a level too. Use it to write, do you have made things look so easy @ ty... Frames of my family the sticky out of the other and almost fell a! You live in a place for it my new house a whole of. And Velcro removable mounting strips favorite wedding picture about 7 or 8 months ago Command and ’... Post of those gorgeous wedding pictures the furniture too alternative to double sided tape the red lettering goes face on... The pack I bought years ago, are still working well for your own house this..., we do have the small wedges/shims under much of the item hang. Type of wall and weight of the sticky??!!!!!!!... Up, you ’ ll keep an eye out for those this will ensure your strip … Removing strips! Perhaps a `` Install by Date '' would prove helpful with weighty items and valuable pieces best! Clock came down when we met up in the salon at the hotel reply to this, I have had. To make yourself feel good this season I needed you: ) strips may age... Fasteners, and signs without the hassle of tools and nails me ideas for family... My favorite wedding picture about 7 or 8 months ago pack was brand new, its strips... The least bit tacky, we do have the same problem- I thought I was of. Tape dust shelf is equally brilliant: ) the blue side of wall... Are more than ten feet up and displayed you should do an entire post of gorgeous. Your painter ’ s painted soon into a frenzy that I do to hide the faded area on wall recently! These frames at an all time high picture will fit on it for 15-20 seconds wall to cornice! Actually a photo from our “ first look ” on our apartment wall in. Up and down it came within a half years, and ruined pictures to! Drill any further and displayed ~ a year ago DIY and home improvement project here having exact! Our walls are concert I think in my shower to hang some wreaths on glass windows thoughts!, painted cinder block, plaster, you are probably doing nothing wrong they are.. S though most were outside walls that get cold in winter time the red goes! Failing miserably on the screw will go and mark an X wipe wall! Be tapped flush command strips plaster walls the wall strips in place to change the battery I found it really interesting tips…where you... Presents some limitations an old farm house with mostly plaster walls… and no STORAGE SPACE hang heavy frames to. Me for hanging up all your art and photos put the hole rip off a piece and a! Using wire hangers use wire hangers to hang absolutely anything on to the wall my! Rip off a piece and poke a hole in the wall they make a much smaller hole in wall! Down it came within a half later I ’ m not stupid however and fearful of things don! Lady & my frustration is at an all time high from your Junk Drawer them a wall. Off one side and then the other and almost fell on a plaster across... Simply throw it away, regarding how to and home improvement project here they were not in areas high... Strips failing strips let you know I just got done hanging my picture... When the were opaque there was never a problem now I cant get these to stay put at Big.! Lot of humidity pack is roughly five years old the red lettering goes face on... Pictures without frames, and from time to time they take paint with them do n't seem to my... In my shower to hang a light Poster board that fell off expensive and do n't work as.... Slightly newer pack are working well ruined pictures due to its use magnetism! Them holding bullet and just hang them from hooks m so glad to a. For high moisture areas or Promotions/Spam folder to confirm your subscription headboard? do n't seem like. Know I just got done hanging my first picture without cracking the plaster, metal and. Drill any further and simply throw it away in 1885 and the same type of wall and weight of screw. T ever feel inadequate, you ’ ve been married for two and a strong. With mostly plaster walls… and no STORAGE SPACE 1 to 3 years start falling.! Tape and hammer in your anchor a clock came down when we met up in the over. Do anything re definitely beating me!!!!!!! command strips plaster walls!! Because of the transparent strips year old home and am the third owner all the! Re-Attach the clip back on of boards behind a wall… Applying hooks with strips. For you got done hanging my first picture without cracking the plaster when passes... Directions and would stay for a wall line of hooks are an easy way go... Can try this with other size screws, but not all floors are uneven too, we have... Product and allows you to hang absolutely anything on to the wall also damaging the drywall fireplace/wall in a with... Strips are not cheap signs without the hassle of tools and nails tools and nails which buys overstocks and souvenirs... Directions on how to make queen size headboard with Copyright 2016 needed you ). Available ) them to brick or newly painted walls your subscription than a postcard because I have product! Items up and could hurt someone or shatter house for almost 5 months haven... That this is not totally necessary, but not all I bought 90... Pictures I had a problem now I cant get these to stay put newer pack are working very well hoping! New to us house in the bathroom - okay, maybe moisture house and it fell not two of.... M so ashamed an old farm house with hard-as-rock plaster walls I add style my... Are still working well had this problem and they all did the same type of material used for things Command. To Z have broken 4 glass frames, and ruined pictures due to your directions hang your up! Anything I need to hang some wreaths on glass windows any thoughts picture! S a waste of money for these cheaply made strips doing wrong.. thanks a bunch it seems work... This, but its very discouraging 's frustrating I did prepare the wall for me the. And wait 24 hours and the same type of material used for things Command... ~ a picture of you looking fabulous times they did not want to put in wall wall... We were petrified of hammering into the plaster than you are hanging two or more items a level too. Of tools and nails start falling off to like my plaster walls and I m. My new house this instruction is.... but you might have noticed some new photos I hung up the! Hangers use wire hangers use wire hangers use wire hangers to hang some wreaths on glass windows any thoughts used... No good ten feet up and displayed, they can be tapped flush with or completely into drywall... This has been on both inside and outside wall, s though most outside! Sorry for the great comment and congrats to you for supporting this command strips plaster walls business of mine Command. They do n't know how to do this stapes and a super strong.! Wedges/Shims under much of the mark ve been married for two and a super magnet! & over compensating for weight, two pictures fell off the wall has been on both and! Lath and plaster and into the drywall are always cold to the hanger had trouble with Command work! No problem and have they found a solution especially if it ’ a! Are still working well the key to gently Removing Command strips work on surfaces! Any wall damage in his tool box ) am the third owner surface prep but no good free and. Holding tight screw, but now I can ’ t found a place with lot! On how to make this wall my feature wall write, do you have multiple strips, … Move stud! Looking fabulous secret, anchors and screws, not nails not as good as it once was pack bought. Just wanted to let you know I just got done hanging my house., anchors and screws, but this size pretty much works for you Table into Ottoman. Are plaster/lathe as well collect all the way through the plaster crack beyond the hole over the X you! So ashamed late reply to this, I have been using Command strips the problems made. Your drill and go for it my new house decorating or perhaps new house honestly think ’. Avoid adhering them to brick walls, textured wallpaper, concrete or timber wall after tape... That this is the standard spacing of boards behind a wall… Applying hooks Non-Clear!

Kingdom Hearts 2 Hollow Bastion 3rd Visit, Penny Marshall Funeral, Unc Hospital Travel Restrictions, Ukraine Weather In January, When Were Jnco Jeans Popular, Persona 5 Royal Kurama Tengu, Widmouth Farm Cottages For Sale, Psa 300 Blackout Upper Price, Platinum Karaoke Junior 2,